|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 6, 2017|
|Job Open Date||Sept 7/17|
|Job Closing Date||Sept 28/17|
|Does this position require a driver's licence?||Yes Class 5 Non- GDL|
|Contact Person||Michelle at: email@example.com|
|Contact Phone Number||780-955-9434|
|Medical Director||Dr. Harper|
The Paramedic provides onsite emergency medical services within an industrial environment, tending to both urgent and non-urgent medical needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Medical assistance at accidents, emergencies and other related incidents, in an ambulance or MTC.
- Assesses the condition of patients at a clinic location.
- Respond to emergency calls 24/7
- Provides immediate course of treatment en route to hospital or on scene.
- Applies splints to limbs, dressing wounds, administering pain relief, oxygen, drips and fluids.
- Uses technical equipment, CPAP, AED, ECG in order to resuscitate and stabilize patients.
- May administer IV and Entonox
- May administer Oral Glucose, 050, and Epi
- Make available Over the Counter drugs (as required)
- Make available ASA8 I mg (as required)
- May administer Narcotics (as required)
- Completes procedures when necessary, such as intubation (insertion of a breathing tube), suturing etc.
- Monitors patient's condition.
- Assesses whether and how to move patients and, where appropriate, the best location to transport them to.
- Liaises with members of other emergency services, such as the police, fire brigade and other ambulance services to ensure the appropriate level of response is provided.
- Deals with members of the public/worksite present at the scene.
- Drives an ambulance or other rapid response vehicle.
- Cleans, decontaminates and checks vehicles, clinics, and equipment to maintain a state of operational readiness.
- Maintains medical documentation and reports on patient's conditions.
- Attend daily safety meetings
- ACP registered
- WHIMIS/TDG/IPS New Hire Training
- H2S Alive and PST/CSTS
- Class 5 (or equivalent) Driver's License
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Functional knowledge of computer operations, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Effectively organize and prioritize situations and activities ranging from urgent patient care issues to routine office and clinic duties
- Must be reliable, dependable and capable of working in a fast-paced team environment
- Able to travel via motor vehicle and air transport